- A contest/editathon to be run from 1 April to 1 May 2016 in which anybody in the world can contribute, not just people in Wales. Due to people with various committments, entries are welcome throughout March too, though anything submitted before April 1 won’t count in points towards the main contest.
- Create and expand articles on any Welsh article and topic of your choice. A contest/editathon designed to wake up the sleeping dragon from his centuries of slumber by the sheer breadth and depth of new content on Wales.
- Win up to £200 ($282) worth of Amazon vouchers and books for producing the most articles/best quality work/most photographs which you can used to continue to produce content for Wales in the long term!
- Gain extra points and esteem for working on core articles and articles which require special attention. Gain further points for producing articles about the women of Wales in coordination with WikiProject Women in Red‘s editathon.
- Even if contests and prizes aren’t your cup of tea, you can still actively participate in the editathon at your own pace and declare yourself as a “participating editor” in the overall editathon rather than a participant in the actual contest. All work done during the run can then be accounted for, which is what matters the most here.
- A contest/editathon which will unite Wales in terms of language and culture. Welsh-speaking participants who would rather contribute to Welsh Wikipedia than English are equally welcome to enter the contest. Once the contest is drawn up and places for editors to list their articles are given, they will then have to link their articles on Welsh wikipedia, which will require another Welsh-speaking judge on that site to ensure that the content also meets guidleines with the English entries.